Popular Posts

Friday 6 December 2013

Wet December Ride


 It's been a longtime since Pete and I have been out for a ride together…. it's been a while since I've been on a bike period, so despite the rain we took this rare opportunity to get in a short ride today.

 In December the days that the mercury rises above zero are few and far between, and to have it hit 11C was a huge bonus and an opportunity not to be missed. The rain also had the added benefit of washing any salt off the road. 

Of course Pete forgot to put in his rain liners on his jacket so his big ride consisted of going up to Java Moose coffee shop, where we topped off our caffeine levels and had a short meeting to discuss what we were going to do next year in the way of film/bike projects. We then went over to see our friend Sean Creary, the owner of River and Trail where we bought most of our camping gear for the Labrador trip. Ya the camping gear that got used once and sat on the back of the bike for 4200km. Sean is selling GoPro's now so if you need one drop in and see him, plus he has just about everything for your next outdoor adventure.



After Pete bailed for home, I stopped for gas and headed out again for another hour. I love my Olympia gear, I stay warm and dry and now enjoy riding in the rain. It's amazing how getting in a late season ride, or any ride for that matter can be uplifting to the spirit. I am in such a good mood right now.

Blah, blah, blah………ya but what about the next episode of "Two Wheels Through the Big Land" you ask. It's almost ready, it would have been ready if my slow week at work had gone as planned. We of course had an irop (irregular operation) and I ended up being gone for three days. So there.

Hopefully Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment