Popular Posts

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Work on the FAR Video

Last week I was summonded to the mount. The pinnicale of motorcycle publishing in Canada. I was one of the few lucky ones to get a behind the scenes look at the offices of the mighty CMG. Editor 'Arris asked me to come up and go thru the piles of video from the FAR rally and see if we could put together a half decent promo video.

So on Thursday, I loaded up the Vstrom and headed to CMG headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Sackville, New Brunswick. It was a beautiful Thursday morning, sun was shining and the two hour ride passed by quickly.

I met Rob at his house, and being a polite Englishman he offered a tea, I took a coffee, and we had a quick chat before heading over to the "office". I thought the office was going to be a spare room in the house with a computer and decorated with various two-wheeled posters. Oh no, we actually headed to downtown Sackville to a real office situated on the third floor of an old house converted to an office building. Very cool.


We finally set to work on weeding through all the video, and there was a lot. One rally team had video of the whole day. 500km of helmet cam footage. So that took quite awhile to go through. Helmet cam footage is cool, but too much is boring. 

Rob had to bail around 2pm to look after the kiddies after school, and left me at the helm of the CMG steamship. Before he left he made sure I was well fed, and put together a nice tuna salad for me for lunch. I am not used to being treated so well. I better pull out all the editing stops for this video.


The rest of the afternoon was pretty much the same as the morning, finding good video clips and copying them to my flash drives to bring home with me. I was hoping to spend the night, and work away again with Rob in the morning. But as usual, anytime I make plans, work comes a calling. Seven AM departure the next morning. There goes my evening of drinking Rob's selection of fine IPA's and solving the problems of the motorcycling and political world, while I suck up to the world's greatest motorcycle magazine editor so I can do what I love most, writie articles so I can score free kit, and ride a bunch of different motorcycles. 

Rob if your reading this and need someone to take a new Ducati Scrambler as a long term test bike.......pick me, pick me!!!!

So after bribing Rob's daughters with loose pocket change in hopes of becoming their favourite freelance writer/video editor I raced the setting sun back home.


The next morning at 9am. It's not Sackville and there is no editing going on.

The good news is, I have most of next week off, so I'll get a good chunk of editing done on the FAR promo.


1 comment:

  1. The spot beside churlish-baptize is the pile Thesiss beside Backside intos Our kin Controls by hostiles of Herbert Spencer, a primary nineteenth cosmos scientist whoever demanding cultural likewise political theories influenced the picky chums of Alexander Berkman, Voltairine de Cleyre, Holly George, Emma Goldman, too Benjamin Profit. Buy Rally Navigation KIT Online

    ReplyDelete